Language module not functioning properly when "Redirect URLs to lower case" is enabled

Aug 2, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Edited Aug 2, 2014 at 3:55 PM
When i enable the "Redirect URLs to lower case:" option the language module can be loaded. When i click the pencil icon to change the Static Resource files for either of the three options (system, superuser or site), the following error message is generated:

Fout: is op dit moment niet beschikbaar. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Modules.Admin.Languages.LanguageEditor.OnLoad(EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

When i disable the "Redirect URLs to lower case:" option again, everything works like normal.

Using the latest version of the module (V 14.7.16) with dnn 7.2.2
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Can you post the actual URL that shows up in the browser bar. I think this might be similar to an issue I noticed in the Host->Extensions page.
Aug 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM
The URL for the popup is the following:

http://www.lanova.nl/admin/languages/ctl/editor/mid/388/locale/nl-nl/mode/portal?popUp=true when the option is enabled (not working)

and

http://www.lanova.nl/Admin/Languages/ctl/Editor/mid/388/locale/nl-NL/mode/Portal?popUp=true when the option is disabled (working)

So what i did is copied the non-working link (all lowercase) when the option is disabled. Still not works.
When i change nl-nl to nl-NL.. it works! So it seems that DNN is depending on the lowercase-uppercase locale in the url.
Coordinator
Aug 4, 2014 at 10:54 AM
That's kind of what I thought. The key for the language is case sensitive. The easy fix is to just add a path to the Regex to prevent lowercase. Try adding "/Admin/Languages/" to the Regex for Prevent Lowercase.
Aug 4, 2014 at 8:42 PM
That seems to have done the trick. Isn't it safer to use /Admin/ for the regex? I can imagine that more admin modules make use of the language key...
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Probably true. I also add "/Host/" as I know the Extensions module is case sensitive too.
Dec 2, 2015 at 5:02 PM
hello
i have the same problem. i soved it with adding "ctl" but how can i add the "?popUp=true" to the field?
thanks
Jan 21, 2016 at 5:25 PM
Hi

I also saw the same problem, I have a 6 language test site, the site goes crazy, after enabling "Redirect URLs to lower case", it switches to the last language installed on the site on navigation and doesn't switch back to English or any of the other 5 languages.
The module works great on Single language sites.
Thanks!