This project is read-only.

redirect non-www to www?

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Hi,

Great module but having a few issues. I'm working in dnn 7.2.2 with version 14.1.31. I realize there is a new version out today but before updating I would like to see if I can get working with current setup.
  1. How or where can I do a 301 redirect from non-www url to www url? I've added both as an alias in the settings, and made the www.url as the primary, but both are still active and non-www url does not redirect to the www.url.
  2. When I choose a 404 error page and a 500 error page and update, it doesn't save, and it doesn't work.
Overall, this is a great module but just need a few more things sorted out yet. What do you recommend I do? If I upgrade to the latest version does it overwrite everything I already added on the site? For example, would I have to rename all urls again?

thanks, Mike.
Jul 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM
I am not the module developer but...

The module is a user interface of dnn settings. Does not give you new features.

To redirect non www url you need in site settings - alias - top of the alias list - define how to handle alias and choose redirect.

Best
Jose
Jul 17, 2014 at 1:35 PM
@oneresolution

For #1) It sounds like you have the aliases set up correctly, just make sure you set the 'SiteAlias Mapping Mode' to Redirect.

For #2) DNN 7.2.2 moved the storage location of the 404 and 500 error pages which is why v14.1.31 doesn't save those settings correctly. That was the primary motivator for the new release. The new version should fix that.